Saturday, May 2, 2009

OMG! This is all happening so fast!!!

OK, I am going to go backwards with updates, so I am sure I will lose you all by the end of this. Yesterday was our egg retrieval, and they got 11 eggs!  We went to the hospital at 7, and the retrieval was scheduled for 8:15.  Well Dr. B was 45 minutes late, but once he got there things went quickly.  The only pain involved in the process was getting my IV, and the nurses had me laughing so hard that even that wasn't too bad!  They rolled me into the ER and had me change to the table.  They turned down the lights so they could read the ultrasound screen, and then the drugs kicked in.  I was out for about a half an hour and woke up with a heating pad on my belly and a nurse offering up Vicodin.  At that point they told me that there were 11 eggs, but they were continuing to look for more.  This was also Pierce's cue to go make his contribution.  He said the room was beyond weird and filled with Playboys and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit editions.  I thought for sure there would be movies, but he said no.  Somehow he managed to make it work, and he rejoined me in recovery in no time.

After using the bathroom I was released and wheeled out to the curb.  We were home before 11. I tried to rest, but I was going nuts!  I took some Darvocet for pain and knocked myself out. This morning the phone could not ring soon enough.  I woke up at 5:30 and never fell back to sleep.  I was having a crazy dream that my baby sister, Jennifer, who died when she was 8 days old, was sending me text messages from the lab to let me know that she was watching over our eggs for us.  It was crazy but felt really real.  At 12 they finally decided to stop torturing us and called.  Here's the stats:  11 retrieved, 9 mature and ICSI'd, 7 fertilized normally but they are watching the other 2 to see if they are late bloomers.  Our transfer will likely be Monday.  They will call me tomorrow to confirm or push to 5 day.

Since I said I was going backwards, I will now give the follicle sizes at our last follie check (Wednesday) before triggering.  My lining was at 16.5, healthy as ever.  Right ovary had 9 measurable follicles at 15.5, 17.5, 16, 19.5, 20, 17, 14.5, 8, and 9.  Left ovary had 11 measurable follicles at 21, 14.5, 19.5, 16.5, 17.5, 10.5, and 5 less than or equal to 9.  We knew that anything 15 or higher had a good chance of producing a mature egg, so it was time to trigger.  In the middle of all of this, my boss's father passed away, so I have had no contact with her about any of this.  I had to suck it up and tell another supervisor so that someone would know where I was this weekend.  That was so incredibly stressful for me!

So I can't believe we have 7 growing embryos!  I really was scared that they would call me and tell me that none of them were viable.  That would certainly explain why we haven't been able to get pregnant, but that doesn't appear to be the problem.  I start PIO injections tomorrow, and I have 2 black circles on my butt so Pierce knows where to go.  I am encouraged that I already have a great lining.  I am beginning to believe that this actually could work!  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  I still feel like I am hanging on a thread!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh!!!!!! Such fabulous news. Way go! I'm so excited for you. We will most definitely continue to keep you in our prayers.

    Keep up the great work Sunshine's embryos, now do your thing and bring us a Sunshine baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I am new to this site and I have never blogged before so I don't know what i am doing, but I just wanted to say good luck and I am praying for you! I started looking for stuff on-line because my Dr. doesn't really do a good job of explaining things (Although I hear that he is the best in north Texas) While I was surfing the web I came across your blog and I am so thankful to see that there are women sharing such intimate details. I don't know anyone who is going through this but me:( I am in the middle of taking my stims (day 6 on 5-2-09) and I know how stressful all of this can be so try to relax (ha ha I know that's crazy:)) Lot's of baby dust! Keep us posted
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  4. so anxious to hear more news..
    love you big,
    james

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete