Monday, May 4, 2009

The rollercoaster ride continues....

This morning I was just kinda hanging out in my pj's, waiting to take a shower just before our appointment for the transfer.  At about 9:00 I get a call from the lab. "Yes, is this Sunshine?  This is Holly from the ARTs lab.  I'm calling to let you know that Dr. B is recommending that we push to a 5 day transfer on Wednesday."  My mouth is wide open, but nothing is coming out.  "Why?" I finally find my voice. "Well," she explains, "right now you have 4 embryos that are excellent and 3 that are good.  It's impossible for us to tell which ones are the best.  If you come in today, we will have to be more aggressive, but if we wait until Wednesday we will know which two are the best blasts."  I know in the logical side of my brain that this is great news.  They are all excelling!  Our little embies are rockstars!  But of course my overly hormonal, hating surprises self was a total mess.  After countless messages to my boss about me not coming in, I had to call back and say, "Yes, please disregard.  Just kidding.  I'll be there just as soon as I shower.  I'll explain later!"  So Wednesday it is.  The other thing I loved about the phone call was Holly explaining that the only reason they assumed it would be a three day transfer is because of my age.  Apparently being old does not matter to my little embies.  Keep the prayers coming:  they are definitely working!!!!!


  1. Wow Sunshine. I mean, I'm sorry you have to wait longer because I'm sure you were all mentally prepared for the day. BUT, the rationale is fantastic. Great news. Hope your hanging in there on the wait. Will continue to pray for you!

  2. I don't know if you read Dr. Liccardi's blog or not, but he just wrote a post about this. Transfers on 3 day vs. 5 day. Here is the link incase you are interested.

  3. I have read that post a couple of times. Thanks for reminding me about it!