Monday, August 13, 2012

Pick a Girl

This is what we chanted as we held Miller up to the computer screen, displaying the images of our Top 3.  Unlike American Idol, I can't hear them sing.  I can't watch them try to win my vote.  All I can do is look at things like education, family health history, looks, hobbies, whether or not a tattoo (or five) seemed like a good idea (and they usually did), and contrived answers to questions like, "Why do you want to be a donor?"  "Would you prefer the process be open or closed?" and on, and on.  In all fairness, the website of the agency I have been using has been well-organized and very easy to use.  So why is this so stinkin' hard?  Why am I more concerned that the girl look like me than if she's had a baby before?  Why does it feel like this whole process is happening to someone else, and I am just watching, observing, and learning vicariously?

Tomorrow we will narrow our 3 to 2.  Someone will be kicked off.  Who will it be?

In the running we have

Donor A - 28 year old mom of 4 boys
Donor B - 23 year old college student (no kids)
Donor C - 27 year old proven donor


I love pieces of all of them.
This is not for the faint of heart.
Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment