Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wheels spinning...

I am here.  I know it seems like I am not, but I have purposely avoided writing to avoid obsessing.  We are going nowhere fast, and it is driving me a bit insane.  Our precious donor went to see Dr. B in September as planned.  She was screened for std's and the like, and all came back good.  At that point Dr. B took her off of birth control pills.  Apparently she had been on them for quite some time.  Now, this is the old-fashioned girl coming out in me, but how long does one really need to be on BCP when one is only 23?  So I think back.  I started taking them in college.  I was madly in love with Bobby.  We were exclusive.  Maybe I was 19, I don't remember.  But 19 to 23 does not seem long, does it?  I don't know when Sweet Girl started taking the Pill, maybe she was 16, maybe I shouldn't know.  But she stated in her profile that she wasn't in a relationship, so I am confused, and yes, I guess a bit judgmental.

Anyway, no STD's but my girl has to go off her pills and have 2 periods before the party begins.  Period #1 happened October 15 and period #2 is MIA.  Dr. B says I will start Lupron approximately December 19, and our girl should be right behind me.  We still don't have an FSH test, but the big bucks have been sent to the agency.  I am working on losing weight, enjoying the holidays, and hopefully receiving a much earned promotion.  I am doing everything I can to keep my sanity.  My little boy is learning and growing every day.  He becoming such an amazing little person...next step..big brother.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I've been following your blog for some time but have never commented. I checked back and I was happy to see you posted an update. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck, I think you a wonderful person and good things happen to good people. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete